A torque limiter is an automatic device that protects mechanical equipment, or its work, from damage by mechanical overload. A torque limiter may limit the torque by slipping (as in a friction plate slip-clutch), or uncouple the load entirely (as in a shear pin). The action of a torque limiter is especially useful to limit any damage due to crash stops and jams.
• Reduce the cost of damage and repairs devices
• Decreased sleep and increase the useful time for production
• Increase personnel safety because the control of events
• Reduce accidents in places that are not easily accessible and access to them needs high cost
• prevent further injuries and incidents out of control
• Protect sensitive and expensive devices, especially with sanctions
• Increased productivity because of all of the above points